LTR is lucky to have a full stable of therapy horses and ponies in all shapes and sizes. Our equine partners are calm, dedicated and eager to assist our instructors and volunteers with a wide variety of therapeutic activities. Many of our horses came to us through donations after they had completed their competitive careers that have ranged from fox hunting to dressage to driving.
Our horses are the foundation of our program and each is a valuable member of our therapy team! Please click on the photos below to learn more about our impressive therapy horses.
LTR therapy horses and ponies are our most important asset. They are the silent, yet expressive teachers; they are the motivators. They are the reason we can help change lives. Please help us by supporting these phenomenal equines through our Care for the Herd Fund
Funds received will be used for the following:
- The farrier who trims and resets shoes every six weeks
- The veterinarian who supplies routine vaccinations, deworming, and cares for them when they be sick with something beyond our capability
- Grain, hay and any necessary supplements
- Saddles, bridles, halters, and equipment for the horses
- Grooming supplies, fly spray, first aid
- Bedding for the stalls
- Horse care costs
Cost per horse is $5,000 per year.