The fees our students pay cover only 23% of the actual cost of providing lessons.
Thanks to your generous giving, we are able to maintain reasonable session fees and provide scholarships to veterans and those in need.
YOU help make this program possible!
“A Leg Up” Fund
This fund supports operating costs that allow us to continue to serve those who benefit from our services. Give “a leg up” to support the costs to care for our horses, underwrite fee assistance for our riders, purchase horse supplies, equipment or tack, staff wages and salaries, and routine maintenance that ensures effective and safe programs.
Spirit Serving Veterans Fund
Spirit Serving Veterans began in 2010 founded by Pam Milner, an avid horsewoman who was inspired to help veterans through her professional career designing the interior environments of military health care facilities including Center for the Intrepid and National Intrepid Center of Excellence. Knowing the benefits of equine therapy, she felt she could give back by helping veterans with PTSD and traumatic brain injury through partnerships with horses. She successfully connected with many veterans and families but wanted to do more. She will be deeply missed, but her legacy will live on at LTR through a fund designated specifically for the LTR Equine Services for Heroes program called the SSV Pam Milner Memorial Fund. Military veterans participate at no charge due to the generosity of individuals and businesses in our community who provide funds to cover fees. Donations are welcome.
Care for the Herd Fund
Donations for the herd of $2,500 or more will receive a canvas photo print of their favorite LTR horse!
- Grand Champion: $10,000 will cover direct and indirect costs associated with the complete care of a therapy horse for one year
- Champion: $5,000 will sponsor the feed and care for a therapy horse for one year
- Blue Ribbon: $2,500 will help cover costs for equipment and supplies for our therapy horse herd
- Horse Lover: No specific horse sponsorship, but I’ll help contribute to LTR’s horses
Give a Gift In-Kind
The following wish list items will help us provide equine assisted activities and therapies to our community!
- Pickup Truck that can haul a two-horse trailer
- Pasture vacuum for keeping our turnout areas tidy
- Advertising space
- Hay (Timothy / Orchard)
- Grain (Empower Balance Pellet or Fibregized Omega)
- Baled Shavings
Gifts, Memorials & Stock
- Give in Honor or Memory of Someone
- Give a Legacy Gift
- Give an Unrestricted Gift or a Restricted Gift
- A Gift of Stock, LTR will gladly accept a gift of stock for transfer
Give Through Your Workplace
- Many corporations offer a way to give through workplace giving or a matching gift program
- LTR can help create a fundraiser within your company
- Please support our center by specifying #8144 on your United Way giving form. The CFC is #89551
Prefer to Donate by Check?
Loudoun Therapeutic Riding, Inc.
41580 Sunday Morning Lane,
Leesburg, VA 20176